3 day opening Chintan Shivir In Udaipur, Sonia promised introspection and advocated major reforms in the organizational structure of the party.
The Congress President urged all the party members to give priority to the development of the organization over individual ambitions, so that a strong message of internal unity could be sent in the country.
“The party has given us a lot and it is time to repay,” Sonia told party workers.
Congress leaders indicated that several major ticket changes are expected to be debated and adopted during the camp. The party is likely to introduce “one family, one ticket” rule for future elections. However, as reports suggest, this rule is unlikely to affect the Gandhi family contesting elections together.
Earlier today, addressing a press conference ahead of the camp, All India Congress Committee General Secretary Ajay Maken spoke about the deliberations that are likely to take place during the party’s brainstorming session.
See what Ajay Maken had to say:
*Anyone desirous of contesting elections on Congress party ticket would require at least 5 years of experience, except if any other family member has worked with the party for at least 5 years.
* A proposal is being considered to reserve 50 percent of party posts in party committees at each level of the Congress organization for those below the age of 50.
* There is almost complete unanimity among panel members to ensure that party leaders do not give Ticket To your relatives or relatives without any work in the party.
* There is a five-year limit for holding an office in Congress, after which the person must compulsorily step down. Meanwhile, a cooling-off period of 3 years, in which the person is allowed to return to the same post, is also under consideration.
* The party is also considering setting up an ‘evaluation wing’ to monitor the performance of all office-bearers.
* Deliberations are on to set up a ‘Public Insights Department’ to ascertain the views of the people and conduct surveys to prepare for the fight for the elections.
The camp will focus on time-bound party restructuring, find ways to counter the politics of polarization And reconsider the defeats suffered by the party over the years.
The Chintan Shivir is being organized in the backdrop of the party’s post-poll defeat since 2014. The party has not only lost two Lok Sabha elections, but has also lost several assembly elections. The Congress is now in power on its own in just two states – Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh. The party is likely to devise a strong strategy against the BJP for the upcoming 2024 general elections.
(with inputs from agencies)
‘या लेखात समाविष्ट असलेल्या कोणत्याही माहिती/सामग्री/गणनाची अचूकता किंवा विश्वसनीयता हमी नाही. ही माहिती विविध माध्यमे / ज्योतिषी / पंचांग / प्रवचन / विश्वास / धर्मग्रंथांमधून गोळा करून तुमच्यासाठी आणली गेली आहे. आमचा हेतू फक्त माहिती पोहोचवणे आहे, त्याच्या वापरकर्त्यांनी ती फक्त माहिती म्हणून घ्यावी. याव्यतिरिक्त, त्याचा कोणताही वापर वापरकर्त्याची स्वतःची जबाबदारी असेल. ‘
‘The accuracy or reliability of any information/material/calculation contained in this article is not guaranteed. This information has been brought to you by collecting from various mediums / astrologers / almanacs / discourses / beliefs / scriptures. Our purpose is only to deliver information, its users should take it as mere information. In addition, any use thereof shall be the responsibility of the user himself.’